| Carla Peicheff
Itty Bitty Pencil Pouch
- Cut canvas to 3 x 10.5” (2 pieces)
- Cut cotton to 3 x 10.5” (2 pieces)
- Cut fusible fleece to 3 x 10.5” (2 pieces)
***OPEN THE ZIPPER BEFORE DOING THIS NEXT STEP***
7. Pinch your canvas exterior pieces and cotton interior pieces together and pin all the way around. You will need to leave a 4” opening in which to turn your pouch in the lining as shown from point A to B. Start sewing at A and finish sewing at B.
9. Squeeze the corners “butting” up the seams as shown. Sew with a ¼” seam allowance. Do the same for all 4 corners. *If your threads start to come undone, just give each end a quick back and forth stitch to reinforce.
10. After you have sewn your 4 corners you’ll be turning your pouch right side out from the 4” opening you left earlier.
Your pouch should now look like this…
Stick your fingers in that opening and *pop* out the corners so they’re nice and pointed. The final step is to stitch the opening closed.
Voila!! Your pouch is complete!!
I hope you’ve enjoyed making my *Itty Bitty Pencil Pouch*! Please feel free to make & sell items with this tutorial on a small scale.
When sharing on social media please use the hashtag #ittybittypencilpouch & #dailylikecanada - please feel free to tag me @cpeicheff so I can see your adorable Itty Bitty Pencil Pouches! Thanks so much!! Happy sewing!